By Jeanne Jarvis-Gibson
If you want to take your routine outside before the weather turns too chill but don’t want to run another lap around the neighborhood, grab a yoga mat and skateboard from the garage for this exercise sesh…
1. Put your yoga mat in front of the skateboard. Your board should be facing vertically, so the front end is behind your feet.
2. Put your forearms on the yoga mat in traditional plank position and the balls of your feet in the middle of the skateboard, staying as balanced as possible.
3. Keeping your toes on the board, pull your feet to your stomach and chest, and then back again.
1. Align your skateboard in front of your yoga mat horizontally so it’s parallel to the mat.
2. Put both your hands on each side of the skateboard so the board is under your shoulders and your head extends past the board.
3. With your knees on the mat, do pushups, inhaling down and exhaling up. If you’re really strong, try these on your toes instead of your knees.
1. Put one foot vertically on the skateboard and the other foot on the ground beside it.
2. With most of your weight pressing onto the leg that’s on the ground, use the skateboard to rest the other foot, then bend your knees and squat. Make sure your knees don’t come forward past your toes.
3. Switch legs, and repeat. Do not try to do a full squat while standing on the skateboard.
Reprinted with permission from girlslife.com. Photo courtesy of wikimedia.org.